Admission to the Molecular Plant Sciences Program requires a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). A master of science degree is not a prerequisite for application to the program. For more information and answers to some commonly asked questions about applying to the Molecular Plant Sciences Program, see the admission FAQ page.
To apply, you will need to submit an official application to the Graduate School.
Apply through the Graduate School, following the Graduate School’s application instructions. Make sure you send all required documents. The Graduate Program in Molecular Plant Sciences requires the following materials:
• Transcripts. The graduate school requires that transcripts be signed by the registrar, not another official, and sent in an official, sealed envelope.
• Three letters of recommendation. Please have the e-mail addresses of your recommenders ready when you fill out the online Graduate School application. Each recommender will be contacted directly through e-mail and their letters will be sent directly to the Graduate School. We do not require that paper copies of recommendation letters be sent to the program.
• Personal Statement. Make sure your statement includes your faculty of interest, your aims and objectives, list of publications, interim activities (including military service), and any other items that you believe may be helpful in evaluating your application.
• Optional: GRE scores. GRE scores are not required. If you would like to share your scores, official score reports must be sent to the Graduate School at institution code 4705, department code 0. It is helpful (but not necessary) for you to include a photocopy of your scores with your other application materials for the Molecular Plant Sciences program.
• TOEFL or IELTS scores (international applicants). Official score reports must be sent to the Graduate School at institution code 4705, department code 0. It is helpful (but not necessary) for you to include a photocopy of your scores with your other application materials for the Molecular Plant Sciences program.
The priority deadline for application materials is January 10. The admissions committee reviews applications in January and recommends qualified applicants to the molecular plant sciences faculty.
Acceptance offers will be made beginning in February for US applicants. International applicants will be contacted in March, April or May.
For more information, check out our FAQ page.
For financial information, check out our Finances page.