Thank you for your interest in the Molecular Plant Sciences doctoral program at Washington State University!
Admission to the Molecular Plant Sciences Program requires a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). A master of science degree is not a prerequisite for application to the program. For more information and answers to some commonly asked questions about applying to the Molecular Plant Sciences Program, see the admission FAQ page.
Steps to Apply
- Review the MPS website for research topics and fellowship opportunities
- Identify faculty researchers that best fit your research interests
- Contact faculty researchers of interest and begin a conversation of research opportunities
- Apply through the Graduate School
Materials needed to Apply
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement. Be sure to include your research interests and which faculty researchers you are interested in working with. It is encouraged to list more than one faculty researcher.
- Priority deadline for application materials is January 10.
- Acceptance offers will be made:
- late February/early March for US applicants
- April/May for International applicants